Foreman/ Lead Glazier
Foreman/ Lead Glazier
Atascadero Glass is a time-tested company with a long history of excellence in the industry. The largest company of our kind in Central California, we consistently deliver high-quality glassworks that bring light, beauty, and comfort to the places people live and work. Superb craftsmanship, quality-tested products, a highly trained team, and an excellent safety record all testify to our culture of excellence. Located on the beautiful Central Coast and in the Central Valley, Atascadero Glass offers an exciting, teamwork-based workplace environment with the opportunity for personal and professional growth, where the people are what matter most. We infuse integrity, balance, and mutual respect into everything we do.
Foreman/Lead Glazier oversees the installation of storefront, curtainwall and other glass systems. They are responsible for crew safety, quality workmanship, customer satisfaction and maximizing efficiency on assigned projects. This role is critical for the success of our business.
• Communicate clearly and professionally with customers, crew members and other Atascadero Glass colleagues.
• Oversight of crew members and deliverables at project sites. Hold teams accountable. Must work collaboratively with Project Manager, Project Engineer and estimating team to meet deadlines.
• Schedule field crews for the project, as required, to get the job done while staying within the labor budget.
• Responsible for ensuring crew meets all safety and quality standards in the workplace.
• Train and develop crew members so they increase their skills.
• Facilitate lessons learned and best practices.
• High School diploma or GED required.
• Must have extensive knowledge of glazing. Prefer 4+ years of glazing experience.
• Must have lead or supervised crews.
• Demonstrated ability to communicate and interact with people well.
• Must have the ability to read and interpret technical specifications and blueprints.
• Must be willing to travel with crews if needed.
• Able to climb ladders and scaffolding.
• Able to work in the outdoor elements and lift and carry the tools and materials used in glazing.
• May be frequently exposed to wet, hot and/or humid conditions, rough terrain, fumes, fertilizers, fumigants, airborne particles, and noise level reaching high decibels at jobsites.
• Able to pass a pre-employment background screening.
We offer competitive wages; health benefits and a Simple IRA option after eligibility requirements are met. This position is bonus eligible.
This description indicates the general nature and level of the qualifications and duties required of employees in this job classification, as well as the essential functions a person must be able to perform to do this job. It is not designed to be a comprehensive inventory of all duties and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Atascadero Glass is an equal opportunity employer. We hire without consideration to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, age, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status or disability