Atascadero Glass is a time-tested company with a long history of excellence in the industry. The largest company of our kind in Central California, we consistently deliver high-quality glassworks that bring light, beauty, and comfort to the places people live and work. Superb craftsmanship, quality-tested products, a highly trained team, and an excellent safety record all testify to our culture of excellence. Located on the beautiful Central Coast and in the Central Valley, Atascadero Glass offers an exciting, teamwork-based workplace environment with the opportunity for personal and professional growth, where the people are what matter most. We infuse integrity, balance, and mutual respect into everything we do.
Our Project Engineers schedule and coordinate the people, material and equipment for all assigned projects. They work closely with the Project Manager, Foreman and customer. They work with the Project Manager and ensure projects are profitable, safe and high quality. They interface with our customers to turn them into “raving fans”!
• Follow up with customers regularly and communicate clearly, professionally and frequently. Look for ways to meet or exceed their expectations; especially in the areas of scheduling, coordination, quality and safety.
• Work with Project Manager to ensure material and rental equipment is procured at the lowest possible cost; within the budget. Support the project by following up so that all materials are ready when needed by the field crews.
• Coordinate directly with other trades as required to facilitate the work. Keep customers informed about anything that affects their project.
• Communicate buyout purchase orders to vendors and coordinate material handling and delivery schedules.
• Utilize pre-mobilization checklist in preparing to schedule crews on any project.
• Maintain schedules for all active projects.
• Work with Foreman and field crew members to answer questions and communicate any changes.
• Schedule quality and safety inspections and complete documentation.
• Manage service call scheduling, material order and process billing.
• Prefer Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Construction Management or related field or equivalent years of experience.
• Prefer experience in construction, drafting, engineering support or trades.
• Must have the ability to read and interpret technical specifications and blueprints.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Good time management and project organization skills are essential.
• Attention to detail and ability to handle and follow up on many tasks.
• Solid computer skills including Excel, Word and preferably CAD.
• Requires ability to perform calculations, analyze reports, and communicate details.
• Requires ability to read, write and spell in English.
• Walking, climbing, stooping, reaching, lifting, and bending may be required.
• May need to lift or move up to 50 lbs. on occasion
• May be occasionally exposed to wet, hot and/or humid conditions, rough terrain, fumes, fertilizers, fumigants, airborne particles, and noise level reaching high decibels at jobsites.
We offer competitive wages; benefits and a Simple IRA option after eligibility requirements are met. Position is bonus eligible.
This description indicates the general nature and level of the qualifications and duties required of employees in this job classification, as well as the essential functions a person must be able to perform to do this job. It is not designed to be a comprehensive inventory of all duties and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Atascadero Glass is an equal opportunity employer. We hire without consideration to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, age, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status or disability